The Bootheel of New Mexico is characterized by three north-south mountain ranges-the Peloncillos, Animas Mountains, and the Big Hatchets. (Wikipedia)
Possibilities for Research!
PTRC offers many opportunities and facilities for research.
- Our location in the sunny Southwest makes this a perfect place to study solar or wind power as renewable energy. The sun is almost always out and our winds, though not constant, can be powerful!
- The high altitude and clear skies are a perfect place for astronomy. We are isolated from cities, so our air is clean and smog-free.
- The wide open spaces around PTRC and our state-of-the-art electronics are a great testing ground for communication and surveillance equipment and systems. Visibility from high ground is superb and towers can connect across miles of valley floor or from peak to peak.
- We have explosive ranges that can be used for research and testing.
- There are unique opportunities to study the processes, costs, and effects of training (military, first responders, security, national preparedness).
- Our air field is perfect for testing and development of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). With plenty of room to maneuver, the sky is the limit.
- Finally, there is research potential in the native flora and fauna; the high desert itself is an enchanting place.
Whatever your research interest, PTRC may be an excellent venue.
What can PTRC offer you?
COMPLETE TOWNSHIP INFRASTRUCTURE: Playas provides an established environment with streets, houses and buildings supported by operational.water, electricity, sewer, and surveillance systems.
- Emergency Preparedness
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Security Systems
- Clean Technologies - Energy and Water
- Smart Home Technology and Automation Systems
- Energy Conservation and Alternative Energy Sources
- Landscape Impact
- Soil and Water Contamination
- Urban and Rural Bio-Diversity
- Health Hazards (Toxins, Molds, Contaminants)
DIVERSE ENVIRONMENTS: PTRC offers 400,000 acres of rural, remote, and urban ranges in high desert, mountainous, and valley locations.
- Vehicle Innovation and Application
- Road and Traffic Safety Systems
- Communications Systems
- Terrorism Vunerability
- Use and Preservation of Natural Resources
- Explosives and Weapons Testing
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Tracking and Surveillance
Consider PTRC as your research base
News and Links
Wind in the Bootheel (video from a University of NM study 2008)
“I'm excited by the possibilities I see for medicine, for education and of course for technology, ... And I believe that through our natural inventiveness, creativity and willingness to solve tough problems, we're going to make some amazing achievements in all these areas in my lifetime.” -Bill Gates